Leading communities to reconsider walking for the nations health
Mind & Body
Carmen will undertake walking the coastal paths of the British Isles in January 2020, to
– raise awareness of walking in nature for the mind, body and spirit
– bring together communities through walking
– normalise therapy
She will leave from her childhood home Weston super Mare, and head east around the Isles. Along the way, she will invite individuals, schools, businesses to join her for SoulWalks. To be hosted in coastal towns and villages, these will open to anyone. We’ll be raising money for ASCA (Addiction Support and Care Agency) where Carmen worked for 3 years and she feels passionate about addiction in our society and working with this group, and a mental health charity (tbc).
She will ask friends of Soulhub to join her, whilst she shares their stories with the nation via the SoulCast podcast. Stories to unveil how we are all feeling in thee times of uncertainty. The state of our nation. How does this vary from West Whittering, to the Shetland Islands, to St David’s. From fishermen and pub landlords to business owners, grandmothers to school leavers. What’s really going on.
And if you want to receive some talking therapy. You can book yourself on each day. Carmen will be reserving 90 minutes a day to walk (or talk on the phone) with someone who is looking for confidential therapeutic advice from a trained therapist.
Love to get involved?
We’re just pulling together the itinerary, routes and partnership opportunities. In particular these are some of the ways:
- Come join us for a SoulWalk – Likely to be on a Sunday morning at 9.30am for 3kms. Bring your friends, school, families, businesses. Further details on our London SoulWalks launch events and planned SoulWalks are over here.
- Listen to the SoulCasts
- Tell us where you’d like us to visit? Do you have something interesting to see or do? A festival. A new school sports facility. New coffee shop!
- Help out with a place to stay? Carmen is a sucker for views and quaint dwellings
- Sign up for a ‘walking therapy/coaching session’.
- Share news and follow us #sole2soul @soul_hub
- Partnership to ‘offset’ the therapy en-route. Imagine funding local community therapy around Britain!
- Partner the SoulWalks
- Media (Local radio, TV, Press, Digital) partnership to raise awareness of mental health
- Ask me to come and talk to you, your school, business, village
- Provide the best outdoor kit money could buy! It’s going to be cold…(I LOVE a fun woolly hat!)
For now please email email@example.com as we bring this all together over the next three months.