Our vision is to normalise mental health and therapy. Soulwalk, one of our key activities promotes walking in nature for our physical and mental wellness.
What is the Soulwalker Pledge?
In 2019 we created the Soulwalker Pledge to support:
- Individuals – Those unable to access 1-2-1 therapy (walking or skype) due to financial constraints
- Pay Forward – As a way for others, who know the benefit of talking therapy to pay forward for someone else to receive therapy
- The provision of Soulwalks – Our free community walks in nature
Soulwalker Pledge [PLEDGE HERE]
The reduced fee therapy, and the Soulwalks will be provided by Founder of Soulhub, Carmen Rendell. She’s a trained integrative therapist. Her love is to walk and talk, either in nature, or nowadays also remotely on the phone or skype.
Donate anything from £20 to £500, and you can support someone else along their way. Pay forward for someone who might appreciate walking and talking. Someone to listen to them. To share. To work through whatever their current issues or concerns. As an example Carmen works with those who currently have:
- Lack of direction, difficulty choosing what’s next in life
- Anxiety and uncertainty
- Depression and lack lustre
- Struggling to find happiness
- Lack of confidence and low self esteem
- Grief or loss
- Relationship issues
Carmen’s current client fee is £510 for 6 sessions (March 2021)
This is how it works?
- The Pledger decides how much he/she would like to pledge;£20 to £500 contribution.
- They make their pledge here
- The pledge will go into the overall funding pot to be used for clients unable to pay or need reduced fee therapy sessions (who are deemed eligible by Carmen) will receive therapy
- Funding will also cover the costs of monthly Soulwalks in nature organised by Soulhub.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a chemistry call. During this call Carmen will discuss financial status, appetite for therapy, availability and duration of therapy.
- Each month Carmen ring fences an allocated number of hours (depending on funds received) to the Soulwalker Pledge clients. (Current demand in March 2021 = 4 hours per month).
- Individuals will be offered therapy on a 6 week rotation
Why this could be important to you
- You’ve benefited from counselling / therapy and wish to give others the chance to reap the same benefits you had
- Someone close to you who you hoped would look for some external support, but for one reason or another hasn’t be able to
- You have someone in mind you’d like to gift a therapy session for
- You would like personal therapy, but don’t have the current funds to pay for regular therapy
WHO’S BENEFITTED SO FAR
As part of Therapy Thursday during COVID, 5 individuals were given free therapy by the Soulhub team.
Approx. 15 Soulwalks around London and on the Coastal Path with over 90 people walking in nature with the community.
In addition, to date (March 2021) 46 hours of therapy have been provided, supported by the Soulwalker Pledges below.
Those amazing people who have pledged to date: A massive heart felt thank you. You’re all incredible.
Total to date (10 October 2020)
David Visoky – American cycling fan, where we hung out together at the World Road Cycling Championships 2019
Heather Welsh – Friends who worked together at Barclays Bank from 2005-2012
Fiona Jones – Parkrun Richmond friends and fellow ‘breakfast’ club gang
Elsa Buck – Met through Hubdot events and love tea and energy work!
Karine Stephan – Joined Melinda and I on our Soulwalk Richmond Park
Caroline Foreman – Worked with me in Barclays when we worked hard, and played hard
Carly Stanger – Met on a PADI course in Australia. Travelled throughout South America together, Iceland and more to come.
Annie Shepherd – Introduced by our friend Claire, and loved chatting all things in Richmond
Stuart Beaver – Boss and friend from banking days and looking forward to a Scotland walk!
EA and John Montgomery – Beautiful soulful couple I met at the World Road Cycling Championships.
Sam Auzou – Worked together at an FX company and he’s been most gratefully a supporter of all things Soulhub since. Thank you.
Jose Alvarez McGough – My Argentinean coffee drinking spiritual friend. On receiving a hand knitted scarf from Irene, he made a donation.
For all pledges, you will receive a bespoke woolley hat knitted by Grannie Irene (Carmen’s mum). She’s been knitting all winter, so we’ve got plenty of colours and sizes to choose from.